Discover the cakes and patisserie of different parts of Europe, together with the history and culture in which they were developed. Encompassing gateaux de voyage and petit gateaux style cakes from each area.
• Understand the concepts of Afternoon Tea, FIKA, patisserie and Gateaux De Voyage
• Discover interpretations of classics from France and Northern Europe
• Enhance your offering in presentation, flavour and shelf life
• Explanation of the key ingredients and techniques
• Adapt classic recipes to meet today’s consumer demands
• The culture and history of the various classics
• Explanation and tasting of Tea
• Use of different moulds and inserts to innovate on the traditional
The maximum number of participants per establishment is 2.
All places are on a first come, first served basis.
If you are booking an event more than 6 weeks in advance, a non-refundable 30% deposit is payable on registration
within 72 hours of booking, to secure your place. The balance must be paid within 6 weeks of the course date.
If you are booking an event less than 6 weeks from the event date then the full fee is payable on registration within
72 hours of booking. Your participation at the event will only be confirmed once we have received full payment.
If you cancel in writing at least 6 weeks before the event we will refund 70% of the price
(the deposit is non-refundable).
No refunds will be given for cancellations within the 6 weeks preceding the event.
Westway Estate, 18-20 Brunel Road
Park Royal, London, W3 7XR
(TheTasteLab is a 10 min walk from East Acton tube station - Central Line)